Creda, Hotpoint, Indesit Tumble Dryer Fire Risk!

Indesit logo

Certain models of condenser and vented tumble dryers sold over the last 11 years under the Creda, Hotpoint, and Indesit brands in the UK have been issued with fire risk warnings.

The companies are currently in the process of contacting customers who may be affected, and an online tool is available on the Indesit website to check if your tumble dryer is a fire risk.

Safety warning on the Indesit and Hotpoint websites say “In some rare cases, excess fluff can come into contact with the heating element and present a risk of fire.” and customers are advised not to leave their appliance running unattended.

The warning was issued after Whirlpool conducted an investigation into tumble dryers sold by Hotpoint and Indesit between April 2004 and September 2015.

Comments

carol diack
Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 12:18 pm

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius TDC30P which I purchased some years ago, but cannot say exactly how many.I think it was more than 8 years and I bought it at John Lewis. After seeing about the recall on ‘This Morning’ I have just read that at least 18 of this particular model have caught fire. Please can you tell me how you will deal with this. I thankyou in antiscipation and look forward to your reply. Yours truly Carol Diack

donna doney
Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 12:47 pm

hi I have a creda reversair model number 37742.serial number 58100729….is this type of model at fire risk please

Mrs M O'Rourke
Friday, January 29, 2016 at 3:26 pm

. Is it a fire risk? I have a hotpoint tumble driver model TDL30 Serial Number 0769200014

E Midgley
Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 11:06 am

My sister has an Indesit tumbler Model 1DCA 8350 BH, serial number is 310096232
is this one a fire risk please ??

roger tregelles
Friday, March 11, 2016 at 3:06 pm

can you tell me if my hotpoint washer condenser dryer is one that starts fires model number WDL 5290 P ( UK ) 309143365

G Freer
Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Is Creda Reversair Dryer model nos 37742 Serial Number 64101478 a fire risk model?
Thank you.

Thomas Dean
Friday, March 24, 2017 at 4:16 pm

We have a Hotpoint Aquarius condenser Tumble Dryer model no TDC30P serial no 07101187 , is this one of the models that catch fire