- Terms & Conditions
Glotech Repairs Terms & Conditions
1. Appliance Repairs
- 1.1. Our one off fixed charge covers you against the cost of the service engineers call out, diagnostics & labour no matter how long the engineer is there or for how many visits it takes him to repair that fault. The focus of the repair is based on the description of the fault we have been given.
- 1.2. Any spare parts required will be charged for separately (unless specifically stated otherwise).
- 1.3. We aim to repair most domestic appliances, but the manufacturer, appliance type, model and age will have a major influence on whether we can promptly obtain replacement part(s) and ultimately complete the repair. It should also be noted that once a specific appliance is no longer made the manufacturer will only stock replacement parts for a given period.
- 1.4. We require payment before or on the day of the engineer's first visit via Cash or Debit/Credit Card (exc. American Express). Payment for any parts that are to be ordered must be paid for on the return visit. If a required part is a special order or of a large cost we may ask you to pay for the part before we can place the order. Parts which are not required, but have been paid for, will be refunded.
- 1.5. Our engineer will call out on the agreed date and time to carry out the repair to your appliance. If at the time of the call out any required part(s) are unavailable our service engineer will usually order the part(s) within 1-2 working day of the call out. The item(s) will then be delivered to us within 2 working days of the order being placed. If the part(s) are not in stock this can take anything from 3 working days with the norm being around 10 working days. It should be noted that unfortunately there are a handful of manufacturers whose parts are not easily sourced and in some cases these have to be obtained from abroad which will result in a delay in completing the repair. As soon as the part(s) are available we will contact you to arrange a new appointment date to complete the repair.
- 1.6. We do our utmost to attend on the date and time agreed with you at the time of booking, this includes bookings made via our website. However occasionally may be unable to attend to the aforementioned. Should this happen, we will offer to reschedule the appointment date and time with you. If one of our Glotech Repairs Network engineer (Local Engineer) is attending to your property then they may contact you directly.
- 1.7. We do not repair commercial appliances however we will repair domestic appliances installed in commercial premises. In such instances we do not offer a guarantee on these repairs.
- 1.8. In respect of refrigeration equipment we do not cover food loss or spoilage.
- 1.9. If you wish Glotech Repairs to repair more than one appliance in your property each appliance will be charge at the normal repair rate.
- 1.10. Free parking or a valid permit to park must be provided to the engineer attending to your repair on behalf of Glotech Repairs. If this is not the case, you may be charged for parking. If you are within the London congestion zone, you may also be charged for this. These will be in addition to any other charges. Please refer to our charges, or contact us, for more information.
- 1.11. Should your appliance repair require the services of two (2) or more repair engineers for e.g. repairs to a tumble dryer which is stacked on top of a washing machine, a fixed one-off fee will apply per repair, per applicable appliance. This will be in addition to any other charges. Please refer to our charges, or contact us, for more information.
2. The Glotech Repairs Network
- 2.1. A Glotech Repairs engineer may not always attend your repair. In an instance when this happens an engineer (Local Engineer) part of the Glotech Repairs Network will attend. These engineers are fully vetted by us and should be treated the same as a Glotech Repairs engineer. Regardless of who attends this will not affect the labour charge or any of your terms and conditions. The Local Engineer is responsible for the guarantee of the appliance and any damage caused through negligence.
3. Issues that may arise during your repair
- 3.1. If at the time of the call out the fault is found to be as a result of misuse, neglect or poor installation or, the appliance type or fault is not as described originally we reserve the right to charge you the full labour rate.
- 3.2. If we are unable to obtain spare parts from our suppliers to repair the appliance. Then we would be unable to fix your machine under such circumstances you will still be charged the full labour rate.
- 3.3. Some repairs will require that the appliance is fully accessible (e.g. able to be moved from under a work surface without damaging the surrounding facia). If your appliance cannot be easily accessed to facilitate the repair we reserve the right to abort the repair. In such instances we reserve the right to charge you the full labour rate.
- 3.4. You are expected to give as much notice as possible when cancelling repairs. If we have already attended and the repair has started you will be charged the full labour rate.
- 3.5. You shall provide safe and sufficient access for installation or removal of any goods. Whilst we will take care to install or remove appliances without damage to flooring or adjacent fittings, we cannot be liable for any such damage unless it was due to our negligence. We will endeavour to notify you if we believe insufficient access is available and you may cancel your contract if you do not wish to take the risk of damage to the surrounding area. Any damage must be reported to the engineer at the time of visit or within 48 hours to the Service Manager.
- 3.6. If we are unable to repair your product due to parts being obsolete/unobtainable or the product is simply uneconomical to repair then you will be charged the labour rate. Any parts fitted will be refunded or not charged for after removal.
4. Guarantee period
- 4.1. All repairs carried out by Glotech Repairs, or a repairer acting on our behalf, are guaranteed for 6 months, for both labour and parts. This guarantee does not cover any subsequent unrelated breakdown / fault(s) to the appliance. It also becomes invalid if the appliance has been repaired, serviced, or spare parts installed or purchased by/from anyone other than Glotech Repairs or a repairer acting on our behalf, since our last visit, or is moved to a new address.
5. How to contact us or complain
- 5.1. At first instance please call us and we'll always try to resolve your complaints as quickly as possible. Failing this we would like everything in writing so please email us on email@example.com or write to us at Glotech Repairs, Unit 2 Soothouse Spring, Valley Rd Ind Est, St. Albans, Herts, AL3 6PF.
6. Use of the Glotech Repairs website (www.glotechrepairs.co.uk)
- 6.1. Global Repairs trading as Glotech Repairs. Copyright Notice © 2015 all copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material contained in this web site are owned by Global Servicing. The web site contains trademarks, including the Glotech Repairs name and logo which belongs to Global Repairs Limited.
- 6.2. You may:
- 6.3. You may not:
- 6.4. Link to external web sites, documents, or any other electronic files.
6.2.1. Access any part of the web site
6.2.2. Print off one copy of any individual page for your personal use only.
6.3.1. Copy (by printing off onto paper, storing on disc or in any other way), distribute (including distributed copies), alter or tamper with in any way or otherwise use any material contained in the web site except as specifically permitted above.
6.3.2. Copy, distribute or otherwise use any material from the web site for any commercial purpose.
6.3.3. Remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material copied or printed off from the web site.
6.4.1. The Glotech Repairs web site includes links to external web sites. These links are provided to help you find additional information quickly and easily. Glotech Repairs accepts no responsibility for the content of these web sites.
7. General Disclaimer
- 7.1. Glotech Repairs has done its best to ensure the accuracy and currency of the material contained in this web site but makes no express or implied warranties or representations about any of the content of this web site. Glotech Repairs accepts no responsibility for loss or damage which may arise from reliance on information or advice contained in this web site and shall not be liable for any typographical or other errors or emissions within the material contained in this web site.
8. Amending these Terms & Conditions
- 8.1. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and without notice. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website and it is your responsibility to read these terms each time you place a booking. By placing a booking you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
9. Data Protection
- 9.1. Glotech Repairs and its third parties will use your information (which you or others have given to us) to provide you with any request service(s) and for administration (this could include recovery of any monies owing), marketing (by us or the companies we work with), marketing research, regulatory reporting, customer surveys, analytics and testing purposes, and to check and verify your identity. We may also share your information with other companies part of the Glotech group of businesses or third parties acting on our behalf.
- 9.2. We (including other companies part of the Glotech group of businesses or third parties we work with) may use your information to tell you about any offers, products or services which may be of interest to you.
You may be contacted by post, telephone, mobile, email and/or other electronic messaging services, unless you request us not to do so by writing to Data Protection Department, Glotech Repairs, Unit 2, Soothouse Spring, St. Albans, Hertfordshire, AL3 6PF.
- 9.3. You may request a copy of your data. We may ask you for a small fee of £10.