What Glotech Repairs is all about
We are the UK’s leading domestic appliance repair company and we’re great at what we do. As a family-run business operating for over 45 years we do this by recruiting and keeping great talent. We look after our people who, in turn, look after our customers.
Our business is repairing domestic white goods appliances for varied customer types ranging from private consumers and letting agents to housing associations and insurance companies. We do this by utilising the great engineers we have working in the field as well as through our network of contractors.
This role will be based at our Chippenham, Wiltshire office working 9am-5pm Monday to Friday (with a 30 minutes lunch break each day).
What you’ll get up to as a Trainee Domestic Appliance Engineer
You will be enrolled into our industry-leading 12 week engineer training course based out of our purpose-built training academy in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
Our course has been designed to teach you; the basics of electricity, health & safety, safe isolation, what good customer service is, component identification and testing, and of course repairing domestic appliances.
You will learn the art of repairing all makes, models and types of domestic appliances from some of the best senior engineers in the field. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to repair; washing machines, washer dryers, tumble dryers, dishwashers, hobs, ovens, cookers, cooker hoods, fridges, freezes, microwaves and coffee machines.
Once you’ve passed your training, you will be out in the field representing the UK’s leading domestic appliance repair company!
What we look for in you
- Forward thinker who is self driven
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- An innate need to fix things
- Want to do things properly the first time
- Be organised, great timekeeper, and meet deadlines
- Be proactive and able to work on their own initiative
- Computer literate
- Willing to build a new career path
- Full UK driving license with the ability to communite to our Chippenham office during training
What we’ll give you
- Industry-leading training, fully provided by us
- £20,000 – £22,000 starting salary with progression based pay scales
- Engineer bonus scheme after successful completion of the course
- Company pension scheme
- 20 days paid holiday plus public holidays (increasing to 22 days after 1 year of service if you’ve had no sick leave in the previous year)
- Positive environment to come up with ideas to help us grow
- Most importantly, you’ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
If you’d like to work for a company where you’re valued, and think you’re up for the challenge, apply today!