this page cover most common faults and problems with laundry domestic appliances (washing machines, tumble dryers and washer dryers). like with anything this isn’t 100% and is just a guide, with all cases we recommend booking a glotech engineer out for the quickest and hassle free repair.
- tripping electrics – often caused by a broken heater within the washing machine.
- loud noise on spinning – often caused by worn bearings, this is possibly the largest job on a washing machine. which is usually due to either poor build quality or overloading the machine.
- loud noise on draining – this is often caused by the either a foreign object in the drain pump or the drain pump has failed. – full of water not draining – often caused by a broken or blocked drain pump. though can be also a number of other faults.
- not filling – usually due to a failed inlet valve that has seized shut, but can also be caused by a number of other faults – constantly filling – most likely due to a inlet valve that has seized open, you must switch the water supply of otherwise your kitchen will flood.
- not spinning – often caused by a fault with the motor from being burnt out to possibly needing new carbon brushes if the pcb timer module (washing machine brain) was to fail it could cause any number of random faults with the machine including the any of the list above so it is vital you get a qualified and insured engineer out who offers a guarantee on any work undertaken just like if you called out a glotech engineer.
tumble dryers are in principle simpler machines particularly vented machines, however some machines sense if the clothes are dry or not these can be more complex.
- tripping electrics – often caused by a broken heater within the machine.
- not heating up – could be either a broken heater or possible one of the thermostats.
- not spinning – often caused by a broken belt, but may also be down to a broken timer.
washer dryers are a combination of the two machines so they can suffer from any of these faults, however they will often have more than one element and thermostat as well as timer modules so call out a glotech engineer for a professional, quick and fuss free job. all these machine types are available as built-in integrated versions. they aren’t necessarily more complicated however are most difficult to get to as they are installed within your kitchen cabinets.